Latest Mac and Windows versions

Glad to announce that our official Windows distribution is now available!

Download links to get the most recent versions are as follows:

You will need to manually download the latest version no matter what platform you are on, for the Update available notification to work, since the format of the version information file has changed.

Let me know if you run into any problems.
Leo

This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is either unpinned by a moderator, or the Clear Pin button is pressed.

Thanks for posting this! Been eager to try the Windows version. I just installed it, however on launch it doesn’t seem to get past “Creating buckyballs…” for me.

@BluemanSteele can you get us some details on your setup:

• Version of Windows and any service packs installed
  • Video adapter (manufacturer and model) if you can get us the version of drivers you have installed that’d be great
  • Hardware attached to the computer (cameras, input devices, etc)

Thanks!

Gathering that info and will post it up on my next post. I’ve downloaded another build and get past the console enough to see the opening screen and then it crashes. Is there a more formal place to submit a bug/crash report? Will post below soon.

Version of Windows: 8.1
(no service packs mentioned)

Video Adapter:
AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.10 GHz

USB logitec mouse and keyboard.
Built in cam on an HP Envy laptop

Lastest version I’ve installed is http://highfidelity-builds.s3.amazonaws.com/interface-win-474.exe

@leo, ran into troubles. This is a fairly fresh/clean install of Win 8.1.

I don’t see any voxels and I can’t seem to login/chat.

Thoys already mentioned that some libraries are missing in Windows 8.1. So it’s not your fault.

Interface crashed on Lenovo Thinkpad, Windows 7 Pro:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    interface.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    5359b9bb
  Fault Module Name:    ig4icd32.dll
  Fault Module Version:    8.15.10.1872
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4a84859f
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00031fa6
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

At which point? Always or just once?
BTW; I don’t think this is a support thread, we should better continue in a Troubleshoot thread.

Always - “the required audio format is not supported by this device…” then crash.

I installed the windows version on a windows 7pc and on windows8 on my Microsoft surface pro 2, works great on both once I installed “Win32 OpenSSL v1.0.1g Light” .Before I installed that It wouldn’t let me log in yay kev tip.

Oh if i turn on voxel shadows on the windows build all the voxels dissappear.
And it wont load bodies and heads from my own server , ones that work on the mac build.

That said my pc is way more powerful than my mac, the world looks great now without all the un-drawn bits

@leo wil the new windows interface work for win 8.1? working fine so far on win 8.0

@JoJaDhara I have one successful use case on Windows 8.1 and various crashing cases - so seems like there could be issues but not directly related to the OS, but to some specific configuration on top of it. Feel free to test it if you have an 8.1 box around, and report your findings :wink:

Latest Windows build (475) should have login issue fixed without having to install OpenSSL.

@leo it is working!! So far so good…will let you know if any issues will come up but it is working with win 8.1

Thanks, Judas. Installing OpenSLL v1.0.1g Light did fix the logging issue.
Using HiFi Interface build 479 on Win 8.1.

Update: Never mind :slight_smile: found it was the HighFi log in it was requesting:)

Original message: When I try to download the latest windows version from the links on this page, I’m getting a request for authentication. Already logged into forum, not sure sure what authentication combo it’s asking for.

As of build 487 on Windows, I’m still having the same crash, it gets to the login screen to ask for credentials then crashes. Is any more known on this issue or what can I do to get more info to the team?

@BluemanSteele I see you posted the issue up in github, that is perfect. Also can you try and remove your Interface.ini file and relaunch. Removing that file will reset you back to the default settings.

It is located:

PC - C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\High Fidelity
MAC - ~/.config/highfidelity.io/

Chris