Limit avatar max. size at domain level

After yesterdays meeting, i think it’s i good idea if a domain owner can limit the avatar maximum size. Because nothing more annoying then as example a tinies domain where a HUGH 100 meter large avatar comes in.

Now i know what the go say, you can ban the person…
But we also could have option on the domain control panel that avatars above the defined maximum size get automatic scaled down.

Now let’s see what others think…

Yeah, i do think this should be a setting that the domain owner can set: there defienitely should be a limit to what an avatar can set their size within the stack settings (by decision of the domain owner), especially the ones on the larger end.

This way, those with interests to those categories can explore them, when they allow avatars to be of certain size. However other domain owners may not like this, thus it should be upto the owners to decide. Even upto the point, some avatars should have rights to do so, while others not so much. Large avatars, after all, can be quite disruptive.

At this moment the King, who had been for some time busily writing in his note-book, cackled out “Silence!” and read out from his book, “Rule Forty-two. All persons more than a mile high to leave the court.”

Hey guys, by chance was the giant avatar last Friday like a darker-hued “being of light?”

If so that was probably me – apologies! – and completely unintentional.

The avatar actually renders fine locally (both in third person and mirror views – without touching scale), but today I noticed a “giant” effect when testing across two side-by-side Interfaces. For some reason, any side using the model for its avatar renders “itself” fine, but when rendered as the “other” avatar it becomes a giant (some kind of asymmetrical scaling glitch I think).

Anyway… I bet some other cases of overscaling might also just be technical difficulties – in this case as difficult to spot on the avatar’s side as they are difficult to look-past on the remote side…

Maybe in addition to banishment systems we need a reliable and straightforward way for avatars to “see themselves as the world does?”