Linux versions known to compile interface et.al.?

Going to give Debian/Jess a break for now. I have a work laptop not going to be used for several weeks which I can wipe and put anything on. What Linux flavours have been successful for compiling the various parts of HF. Initially Interface, but would also like to dabble with the server components.

I believe (k)Ubuntu has been used with success (which release version is best?)
Is Mint (preferably KDE version) an option? (again which release is best?)

Thanx.

At this point I would suggest Ubuntu 14.10, especially with what I’m seeing coming up in GIT. With 14.10 I was able to run;

sudo apt-get install qt5-default build-essential git cmake libtbb-dev qtscript5-dev libglm-dev libssl-dev qttools5-dev qtmultimedia5-dev libqt5svg5-dev libqt5webkit5-dev freeglut3-dev libxmu-dev libxi-dev libxrender-dev libsdl2-dev libquazip-qt5-dev

Then checkout sources. Was a easy compile of assignment-client, domain-server and Interface. It will also be easy to add some (it looks like) future additional dependencies not yet required. With Ubuntu 14.04 it’s becoming increasingly difficult to keep up with HF’s bleeding edge dependencies - even though I would prefer to run it for servers.

Actually - strike that. It all compiles well, but Interface is a worse wreck than on Windows. No rendering of metavoxels, avatar is crazy messed up and edit tools for build have issues as well. I should have explored how well (or poorly) Interface actually works before getting all happy about it. The server parts do work proper though, so at least there’s that.