Loading into a Black Screen

Hello,

The past couple of times I have loaded into Hi-Fi, I have gotten an all black screen. I can see my laser pointers and can hear the menu come up but can’t see it. Is there a way to reset the load in location? Thanks for any help.

Naticus

Hi @Naticus, I’m told this is a known issue, and a fix is in the works, ETA next release. So sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime!

I was hoping to attend Glitched tonight, as funny as that sounds. Is this issue account related? Would creating a new account do any good?

The issue isn’t account related, I’m afraid. I checked in with our greeter team, and one thing you can try is reloading your content, which sometimes fixes this, but not always.

To do that, go to Settings and turn on advanced menus, then go to Edit -> Reload Content.

The ultimate fix is to switch to Desktop mode then back to VR. This seems to resolve the issue. Basically CTRL+1 -> CTRL+4 and you are set. This only seems to happen when loading into Hifi while in VR, as Desktop mode doesn’t appear to have this issue.

EDIT: To be more specific, there are two known issues that can result in this given situation. My listed solution is for when you initially log in via HMD and the world is black but you can still see things like the volume meter and can hear the tablet being summoned but not see it. Jess’ solution is for when the world doesn’t load, which can look the same and my solution would not solve for.