Marketplace Campaign

I have received this email twice and wonder if anyone has ever received anything for their products?

Payments will be distributed every other Friday to creators through an automatic system that will deposit HFC directly to creators’ High Fidelity account once their item has been approved and added to the Marketplace.

I read it so that every Friday a decision is made. When I contacted support I was told that it would be the 1st Friday of the month (?!) and the amount for all products would be paid out automatically - but even the first Friday of that month/year went by silently and also no automatically payout. Was the action maybe cancelled? Would also be okay, then one does not have to wait at least.

Or do I take this the wrong way? :thinking:

`Hi Skimi,

If you submit items to the Marketplace and have them approved for distribution through the Marketplace before February 1, 2019, you can earn extra HFC! Please note that items must be listed > 0 HFC to qualify for a bonus.

HFC Bonus Amount Characteristics of Marketplace Item
1,000 Mesh
1,000 Holiday or Event-themed
2,500 Functional interactive script
15,000 Spot bonuses for our favorite submissions

Frequently Asked Questions

Does an item receive a bonus amount for each category if it qualifies?
Yes! For example, if an item has a Mesh, a holiday theme, and a functional interactive script, you will receive 4,500 HFC.

What qualifies as a “holiday” or “event” themed item?
Periodically we will announce an event or a particular theme. If you create an item related to one of these, you will automatically receive the theme bonus.

When will I receive my bonus for an item?
Payments will be distributed every other Friday to creators through an automatic system that will deposit HFC directly to creators’ High Fidelity account once their item has been approved and added to the Marketplace.

How will the “spot bonus” submissions be determined?
We don’t know until we see them! That’s part of the fun. Either way, creators get rewards as long as the item meets the other criteria. Our favorite items will also come with some shoutouts and recognition for High Fidelity, including kudos from Philip Rosedale.

Is there anything else I should know?
Yes! We are starting to create “blueprint” items that users can get for free on the Marketplace. These blueprints are designed to be templates to make it faster and easier to create new items. Our “Holiday Blaster” is the first one and available now.

We look forward to seeing what you add to the Marketplace!`

I inquired as to the current payment schedule myself the other day, and rest assured they’re simply running a bit behind because of the recent holidays (and likely because we’re all inundating them with more new stuff than they anticipated, haha). I did receive payment last month for the items I’d submitted at the beginning of the promotion and was told recently that additional payments would be made ASAP.

Hello @krougeau thanks for your answer. At least you have received payments. I won’t ask them again. So what, good to know.

Hey there! Thank you for your awesome submissions and patience - payments are being processed today. We were a bit backlogged from the holidays, but going forward, it will be the first Friday of every month.

Hi guys, this is Andrew from the Marketplace team.

Sorry for the mixup here. We had some miscommunication internally about the payment schedule for this promotion which is why there were a couple answers floating around. Rest assured we’re going to be very careful about the messaging for these events in the future and we apologize for the confusion.

Thank you for your patience, and we hope you enjoy the rest of the promotion!

Question regarding the rules/wording:

If you submit items to the Marketplace and have them approved for distribution through the Marketplace before February 1, 2019

It’s unclear if the items have to be submitted or submitted AND approved before Feb. 1.
OFC it makes sense NOT to include the approval time since that’s completely up to you fine people at HF.

Not that I’m likely to actually make the deadline anyway… :stuck_out_tongue: