Memory leak in interface.exe

There is a memory leak somewhere. I can watch the memory go up by 2-5MB per second consistently for interface.exe. When it reaches around 1.5-1.6GB, the interface crashes consistently. Build 1908:

…Another example:

Here is the event log:

**First this: **
The NVIDIA OpenGL driver has encountered
an out of memory error. This application might
behave inconsistently and fail.
(stop logging every single event of this type
because there are too many)

**Then this: **
Faulting application name: interface.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x54d63278
Faulting module name: MSVCR120.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f7ce6
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000a7666
Faulting process id: 0x1cf4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0434346859a17
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\High Fidelity\Interface\interface.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.dll
Report Id: 4cdd923d-af37-11e4-825d-3417ebd747cc
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

NVIDIA Quadro K5200

Thanks.

Wich Nvidia driver version are you using. I have GTX670 driver 347.25. Interface.exe build 1909.

I Teleported to a few places.Last one is HQ. but i dont see any memory increase.
I only see a small increase, a few KB once in a while. maby around every 10 seconds.
Anyway curious why memory is going slowly up. not moving inworld or doing anything.

Looks something is leaking or always reserving memory without releasing it. But not so bad as @Slayczar have.

I just downloaded the same driver as you and retested and the issue remains. I tried flying/looking around and the steady memory use increase is the same. I am using 1909 as well.

Driver:

@Slayczar thanks for sending this over. I have attached it to an internal document we are working on for these issues.

@Slayczar do you know the location you were when this was happening? I can see some butterflies in the background

It’s just the default location on my local server (hifi://localhost). I was doing a test and just ran butterflys.js multiple times. Basically as soon as I start interface.exe, the memory starts getting gobbled up.

For quicker replies please skype me at slayczar

Hello - any momentum on this issue? I cannot do much until this is resolved. Is anyone else having issues with the Quadro line?

Thanks!

Hi @Slayczar we are actively working on a memory issue. is there any chance we could connect to your stack manager? and could you try and go to the domain ‘sandbox’ and see if you crash as quickly.

Sure we can do that. I’m currently at work but finish up at around 4:30pm EST. What is the url for the sandbox you are referring to?

When you login, hit ‘enter’ to bring up the search bar and type in ‘sandbox’

Even without running stack manager and hitting ‘sandbox’, the issue still is the same.

Also…just sitting here doing nothing seems to yield a lot of traffic.

(debug removed)

@Slayczar you still crash on Sandbox very quickly?

Yeah…same is if I’m hitting localhost with stack manager

No idea if it’s related, but I’ve been meaning to file this as a bug report. If Interface is trying to connect to a server it was last connected to that is offline, it goes insane with repeated connection attempts. That should likely change at some point. Steps to reproduce. Connect to a running domain. Log out. Shut domain down, Start interface and don’t attempt to move to another operating domain.

What version of Windows OS are you on?

FYI just to rule it out - I’ve not had this issue with other 3D software utilizing the video memory - I ran some 3d apps and some games and those are working.

It is Interface. We are working through a number of Windows crash issues right now. I am just making sure I am getting all the information over to our engineers.

Ok, thanks Chris for the rapid responses.