On Saturday, March 16th, between 10am-2pm PDT, we will be holding an ‘Avatar Cosplay Contest’ at Multi-Con VR. The theme for this contest is Characters in Animation.
Create your favorite characters from animated TV and movies for the 3D metaverse. Then wear them up the runway. The winner will be selected by the community.
Enter your avatar inspired by characters from Anime + Animation for a chance to win huge cash prizes. Get inspired by your favorites — No-Face, a classic princess, or even Big Chungus. Cosplay is encouraged and rewarded! The winner is voted by attendees.
1st Place $10,000*
2nd Place $5,000*
3rd Place $1,000*
Every Avatar selected to compete in the Contest $300*
There will be a Grand Prize Winner after all 3 Multi-Con Cosplay Contests that will win an all-expenses-paid trip for 2 to San Francisco to attend Silicon Valley Comic Con!
- Entries must be inspired by a character from animation
- All work must be original or ‘fair use’ of other works, including parody
- Entries must not violate other’s intellectual property
- Users cannot have web or text entities as part of their costumes
- Avatar’s longest dimension should not exceed 2 meters
- Users cannot use particles as part of their outfit
- Poly limit should not exceed 25k
- 50 max flow joints
- One entry per person
- Must submit an embedded FBX file and a hosted FST file.
- You can’t use MMD models but you can use Mixamo. Mixamo has open license but MMD are proprietary.
Contestants are encouraged but not required to use our flow script technology which gives clothes, hair and other attachments movement. Avatars can be humanoid or non-humanoid. Avatars can be photo-real or stylized.
Not sure where to begin? Check out this 1-page Avatar Features PDF to learn about 3D modeling, texturing, flow bones, and more.
Last day to sign up and submit an avatar will be March 8th by midnight PST.
*all cash prizes paid in High Fidelity Coin