My mixamo avatar crash interface.exe

@chris, I made mixama avatar. This is avatar that you can generate default from fuse. But it looks like it’;s crashing interface.exe.

I want to use my own mixama avatar, but how can we fix the crashing. It start to get anooying, it crash over and over and sometimes it works for a while. but avatar every update i can place a bet on that am crashing.

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    interface.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    55a6f8b9
  Fault Module Name:    interface.exe
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    55a6f8b9
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00137463
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Ok, got time for another test,

• started with my old avatar.
  • checked if no scripts where running
  • loaded my mixamo avatar, things look ok.
  • loaded walk.js nothing happend.
  • relog.
  • crash !

Crashing now also without walk.js Tried to record it with fraps. it looks like fraps automatic stops when interface.exe is crashing. This is build 2830 with no scripts running at all. keep crashing and crashing and crashing. i can replicate it over and over.

It seems to happen after entities are loaded.

It’s really something with the avatar mixamo create and high fidelity don’t like. but what ? most texture i have set to be 1024,512 or 256 in size

Remade the avatar, but in this case i have set all textures to the same size. first tried 1024. wokred fine. i now have one that’s using 512 as texture size. seems to work fine. i need to watch what happens the next days or after update.

Mabye high fidelity don’t like mixed texture sizes. the avatar that always crashed did use 1024,512 and 256 depends on part type.

Survived the first update ! :smile:

i use mixed texture sizes on makeHuman and and they seem to be ok.
But as you describe its definitely worth doing, reducing file size from around 14Mb for the default large textures down to around 4Mb when textures are resized

My normal mixamo avatar is around 7MB. the 14MB where extreme test. the one with static 512 textures is also around &MB. the difference is not really big between mixed or all 512. For me it’s now important that it stay around &MB and i don’t crash !

So far it still seems to work.

ADD: Unbelievable. i say things work not bad , pretty good. and yes. now i crash over and over again. high fidelity is loading something and just at the end of loading it’s crashing.

Is the interface log showing anything unusual?

No, but i just dis send logs to @chris with extra info.
It seems i can fix my crash at login by removing the data8 directory from c:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\High Fidelity\Interface\ maby the data8 have different name on your system i can replicate this over and over. if i crash remove the data8 and login works perfect.

Only annoying when you need todo that with every login.
I have just pinpointed the crash to, yes the mixamo avatar. if i remove only that file out of the data8 directory things work fine.

I was suffering quite a number of crashes when I used my mixamo avatar. Once I shifted over to my current Sintel avatar I’ve barely had any crashes due to the rendering issues of my Mixamo avatar.

For now , made a batch file (anyway start from total commander always) that delete the Directory located.

c:\Users\<user\AppData\Local\High Fidelity\interface\data8

Every time i start high fidelity, things still work better without cache. Until High Fidelity have fixt the bug. And i hope the let uis know when it’s fixt. I think i gave enough info to them yesterday.

It’s mabye only slower with loading, but only solution to keep interface.exe working

ADD: finetuning the script so i only delete the problematic file. this terrible slow with loading.

Just did the test with @thoys, and it’s confirmed with thoys. He did crash too. when my avatar is in the cache directory. after deleting the file from cache it’s working fine.
If you crash remove 26234e6m.d from the data8/d directory.

Hope this get fixt very soon, or everybody is crahsing.