No particle on marketplace

It seems that the json export - import has a lot of bugs with Particles entities.

As you can see here:

So I guess I won’t sell my particles on Marketplace now.
(Don’t even know if this was possible to do it… But I suspect I would have needed a json file to do it.)

I can say this is buggy at the export… Can’t say for now if the import is working better.

I think @Adrian was having a problem like that with particles on his Halloween minigolf project

Yeah that was ages ago, more than a year ago. Particle data gets messed up during export svo
It seemed to get pretty much ignored then so I decided to give it the same treatment, and promptly ignored particles. Seems like the issue is still present.

Any idea if the import works better ?

I could deal to fix the exported json manually… but if it’s to not be imported correctly I would me too consider to do nothing.

I could also list all the bugs in detail for export import, even for free, (even after doing this kind of thing 40h a week for my job)…
…but if there is no dev to fix it inside a reasonable delay of time, I would also consider to do nothing.

You could try, I didnt have time. You could try to manually edit the exported .json file to refelect what it looked like before you exported it, then try to import it and look at the params then.
If the didnt change during import then it should be ok to use those .json files in the market place.
But I have a sneaking suspicion they might change, if you have time its worth a shot if you want to get them in the marketplace.
I wouldnt hold your breath waiting for a fix, as I said its been over a year and theres been no fix.

Here the issues found on the JSON IMPORT
(and it seems to also badly EXPORT it the same way… which could explain why this couldn’t be detected by a comparison method. (if there is such a test done.))

We seem to have a pattern here, with 3 similar pairs of bugs:

colorStart
colorFinish

This is always getting the value of the “color” field. This breaks a lot the effect.

======================
alphaStart
alphaFinish

This is always getting the value of the “alpha” field. This breaks a lot the effect.

======================
radiusStart
radiusFinish

This is always getting the value of the “radius” field. This breaks a lot the effect.