Non-overriding animation, can I?

confused? Let me attempt to elaborate:

I have an avatar with additional limbs, and I want to have them continuously animated in a loop to look more alive, It is all rigged and animated in blender and if I import it as a model in hifi, it plays fine, all good.

Now, as an avatar I want this playing alongside the default animation states and controller driven IK.
My animation do not move any of the joints in the standard skeleton and I doubt the default animations and IK would move any of my custom joints so they should be able to happily coexist.

If I use MyAvatar.overrideRoleAnimation() i would have to override all the states and thus, loose the default animations, I don’t want that.

If I use MyAvatar.overrideAnimation() I would be T-posing all the time, I would essentially be a fancy windup toy, I don’t want that.

If I make a script that manipulate the joints directly I would die, I could wack a tail or flap a wing this way but I have 30 joints I need to move in a rather complicated way, I really don’t want that.

I guess I could get all the role animations and add in my bits but it would restart every time I move and it really would be a lot of work for a “mehh” result.

Soo, is there a magic one-liner to achieve this? any help appreciated, even the “NO can’t do it” answer.

Email our team at support@highfidelity.com and they’ll do their best to help you out.

Hmm, good question. I’m investigating.

Cool, I didn’t mail support yet, I do feel this kind of thing is what a “Help & support” forum is good for, that way, the next doofus that comes along has a chance to find the answer themselves.