Notes on hifi's vhacd-util program

@chris - referencing you on this as it might need a bug report - or some other less hacky work around.

When using High Fidelity’s vhacd-util command line program it is currently creating physics shapes 100 times actual size from Blender FBX exports. It did not do this in the past.

This, as far as I know only applies to compiling vhacd-util from HiFi sources then running it on meshes to create physics shapes. To create a physics mesh that’s same scale and that properly works you must export an FBX with the option box Apply Unit not enabled.

You may then run;

vhacd-util -i input_file_name.fbx -o output_file_name.obj -fg

-f indicates fatten faces and seems to create a much more accurate mesh when dealing with large objects like terrain. -g indicates that it should generate output .obj file.

If you want to see how well your physics mesh tracked you can simply import it to Blender and compare to your source mesh. If dealing with things like homes and you find your doorways are occluded trying running vhacd-util without -f option, i.e. vhacd-util -i in.fbx -o out.obj -g

vhacd-util does not currently (at last check) seem to be part of HiFi’s binary installer but can be made on Windows/Linux if you’re a self-compile type. On Windows you need to copy following DLLs to folder where vhacd-util.exe lives;

icudt53.dll
icuin53.dll
icuuc53.dll
Qt5Core.dll
Qt5Network.dll

Those can be found in your Interface build directory after a successful build of Interface.