Ok I'm back, what did I miss?

Finished other projects I was working on and am back looking at high fidelity. Is there anywhere I can look to catch up on developments? things im interested in are making my avatar, importing mesh, running my own space.

Loki take a look at stack manager with regards to running your own space :smile:

https://alphas.highfidelity.io/t/stack-manager-for-windows-do-you-want-to-run-your-own-domain/735

Not sure if you’re on Windows or Mac.

Thanx, I’m on Mac, I need to learn how to import mesh to, while I’m reading up on the improvements on avatar creation :slight_smile:

Thats going to be lots of reading ! :wink:

Stack Manager for OSX should be at : https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/highfidelity-public/stack-manager/stackmanager-mac-15.pkg

I don’t think there’s a later version yet, it should update when installed.

Good to have you back, @Loki, I love the new Vortex club you built on SL, and the robot avs you placed for sale in one of the street windows there. Hehe. It was a nice touch inserting all those Bladerunner and other Cyberpunk references in the place. And also slyly inserting references to HiFi in there. LOL!

https://alphas.highfidelity.io/t/big-entity-update-coming-out-today-please-read/915

You really want to look at the recorder subjects to,

https://alphas.highfidelity.io/t/how-to-create-recordings-and-play-them-back-from-your-acs/889
https://alphas.highfidelity.io/t/recording-and-playback/822

And the info about the worklist you need to know to loki.

Those Robot AVs are actually available here in HyFy, its called Lokibot. I got plenty to read, plus Judas mentioned Blender might have fixed the FBX issues i was having so i’ll see if i can finish the project i started months ago.

Hi Loki,

I have been doing some work with animation, we seem to be settling on some joint naming conventions that may be relevant to your work.

Currently, procedural animation controller works best for either the Philip / Carl body or mixamo based avis. If you want any details, please feel free to hit me up.

• davedub

Hits you up repeatedly. I’ve been reading your adventures in bringing dynamic avatar animation to HyFy. I love the look af what you’ve done so far and i love the idea of merging it with advanced intelligent raggydoll stuffs too. it might be a week before i get a model ready to rig for HyFy, so any info about what to name the skeleton would be kool.

I imported one avatar, the Lokibot using Maximo to rig it and export with a floating animation, but it would be nice if i could rig my next avatar myself for use with Faceshift, STEM, your Animation thingy and what ever else we end up connecting to HyFy.

i also read about the Leap Motion hands project. I have a leap motion so thats very interesting for me. Is there any specific rigging needed in that department?

I also have a question about Hosting my own HyFy space. I’ve set it up using stack manager and it works. Is there a way to store locally my own avatars? When importing the Lokibot i ended up with lots and lost of failed attempts which i can’t or don’t know how to remove. I’d love to store my avatar locally, maybe one day store it on my Apple Watch :-p.

If permission is not the problem you can store the fbx file on webserver or some use dropbox for it. and use the url.

I just got back to the UK - apologies for delay replying.

It looks like it will be a while before we have control over animation / movement sources in JavaScript - the priority system is yet to be developed under the hood, is apparently all hard coded for now. I’m hoping we’ll eventually have enough control to chose and even blend animation data from any and all sources…

With the joint naming, here’s the convention I’ve been following so far:

Hips
RightUpLeg
RightLeg
RightFoot
RightToeBase
LeftUpLeg
LeftLeg
LeftFoot
LeftToeBase
Spine
Spine1
Spine2
RightShoulder
RightArm
RightForeArm
RightHand
RightHandPinky1
RightHandPinky2
RightHandPinky3
RightHandPinky4
RightHandRing1
RightHandRing2
RightHandRing3
RightHandRing4
RightHandMiddle1
RightHandMiddle2
RightHandMiddle3
RightHandMiddle4
RightHandIndex1
RightHandIndex2
RightHandIndex3
RightHandIndex4
RightHandThumb1
RightHandThumb2
RightHandThumb3
RightHandThumb4
LeftShoulder
LeftArm
LeftForeArm
LeftHand
LeftHandPinky1
LeftHandPinky2
LeftHandPinky3
LeftHandPinky4
LeftHandRing1
LeftHandRing2
LeftHandRing3
LeftHandRing4
LeftHandMiddle1
LeftHandMiddle2
LeftHandMiddle3
LeftHandMiddle4
LeftHandIndex1
LeftHandIndex2
LeftHandIndex3
LeftHandIndex4
LeftHandThumb1
LeftHandThumb2
LeftHandThumb3
LeftHandThumb4
Neck
Head

With regards storing your avi locally, I store a couple locally for testing on a standard WAMP server - it works like a charm. If you also host the walk.js script, overlays and animation files locally too, you can effectively save any edits you make to the animation. If you want further info on how to do this, let me know.

• davedub

I’m finding HyFy very difficult to use, is there a pattern to it or is it all just random? Was unable to host my own space, i guess i don’t understand enough the guts of it. Interface seems less usable than it was before. I think i like reading about HyFy more than trying to use it :-p

Just get your space running locally for now. You just need to go to localhost once you have stack manager running. Obviously that means others can’t visit but you can worry about that later.

thank you, i managed to get a local host running and rez an Asteroid.