Philip at Computer Chronicles 1997?

Huh, found this by chance by looking at old Computer Chronicles videos:

@philiprosedale

8 Likes

Whatever you do, don’t make fun of the jacket.
Back then everything was pixelated!

You kids just don’t get it.

4 Likes

Hmm Explorer or Communicator … vhs / beta … pepsi / coke

1 Like

I was a Netscape fan.

1 Like

Who wasn‘t? :wink:
+20 characters

1 Like

The jacket’s giving me Monkey Island flashbacks :smiley:

tenor cYLvsXA

Granted, that vid is loaded with nostalgia. I’ve done support for Real and Netscape, among a ton of others.

6 Likes

Still love pixels.
That is why i want todo more with old computers. Things that judr worked and where simple.

2 Likes

yeah that jacket all the inspiration we need for a scifi avatar right there :smiley:
But its crazy that back then Philip was at the cutting edge of streaming video, doing the barley possible with whats avalable, and still doing it now with HIFI.

5 Likes

I’ve got 1000HFC for the charity of his choice if @philip resurrects that jacket and wears it to his next public speaking engagement IRL.

C’mon who’s with me?

6 Likes

If I can find it, I will. That jacket was quite something. Thanks for finding that video, I had never seen it!

6 Likes

I also have a TV appearance which I have never actually seen.

I daresay the vest and floral pattern tie I wore could compete with your jacket.

0 Likes

You’re welcome.

In retrospective… I remember lots of people saying that RealMedia was sh#t, but it was the seed of audio and video streaming.

Back then with slow speed dial up connections it was something pretty hard to achieve, now streaming is a commodity. Anyway… it’s so interesting to see these kind of videos.

1 Like

People don’t appreciate what a huge anthill of gradual improvements the web today is placed on.

1 Like