Qt5WebSockets.dll missing


#1

Stack manager will not start on my localhost. I get:


#2

Confirmed, but on windows 10


#3

This just happened to me today when I restarted the stack manager to get the latest assignment manager updated. They flowed in and now my assignment managers are DOA. I reinstalled SM v89 and it does not install the required Qt5WebSockets.dll. It fails on Win7 and on Win10.

So, both of my domains are now down until this gets fixed. Is anyone else running into this problem?

I saw @thoys made a change related to this: https://github.com/highfidelity/hifi/commit/d89ecc1e420cd01b0bf501bbb38d22b6b0686f3c

Possible problem?


#4

Yeah, same problem here: Qt5WebSockets.dll is not included in the assignment client download.

I worked around this on my development Windows PC which has the required version of Qt installed by copying the missing DLL file from C:\Qt\Qt5.4.1\5.4\msvc2013_opengl\bin\ into C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\High Fidelity\Stack Manager\

UPDATE: If you have a Windows PC you can download the missing DLL file from: http://ctrlaltstudio.com/downloads/hifi/Qt5WebSockets.dll


#5

Hey thanks @ctrlaltdavid. That fixed it.


#6

@chris , I made my own collision shape, becasue V-Hacd makes a mess from it.
Problem is my own collision shape is not doing it better, Afraid soemthing in hifi is not working how i expect.

More info here https://alphas.highfidelity.io/t/richardus-first-big-blender-project/6918/14


#7

@Richardus.Raymaker This is a thread about missing web sockets, nothing to do with collision shapes.

Please try to stay on topic, nothing causes more confusion than when someone hijacks a thread to something totally unrelated. Please find the right thread to reply to or start your own thread and stop using any live thread to float your own particular problem.

Thank you


#8

Please close and open Stack Manager to update requirements. Had an issue with new requirements not properly overwriting existing zip, sorry about that.

L


#9

Close/launch yielded this:

It stayed on that status until I closed it. Then on the next launch it seemed to work OK.