Questions about outbound bandwidth

Just some basic questions as to why this happens and its role in this ongoing…

In a domain with only one agent - myself. Microphone muted. Audio output is 51…52 Kbps, Avatars same, Metavoxels 18 (and domain has no metavoxels).

So - on average sitting alone in a domain not moving or transmitting anything but silence I’m sending 122Kbps to my server.

In return it’s sending back silence audio at 30…31 Kbps, avatar data at 17 kbps and metavoxel data at 11 Kbps for a total of 64 Kbps.

Turn on walk.js leading to avatar streaming joint data the numbers (as expected) rise to 296 Kbps for Avatar - remaining at 17 Kbps in return.

So - here’s my point/question. Why? I’m thinking in terms of what bandwidth even a modest domain will need. Assuming 5 agent present, none speaking, all running walk.js (or something else that leads to streaming avatar joint data) my domain server assignments would be receiving 1480 Kbps. Again - another assumption. Say the 5 agents were at far distant points in domain - far outside any expected mutual visual ranges. Why do they need to burn bandwidth streaming data that’s seemingly of no real use? Bring it up to 50, 100 or more agents… see where this goes?

It seems… wasteful at best to be sending so much data for stack side to process. While small numbers with only 1 or 2 agents… it’s going to add up in a hurry with modest numbers of agents. Especially avatar bandwidth. Just thinking optimistically ahead to when this could be an actual concern trying to have large agent counts in domains.

Also - why the constant stream of metavoxel data when domain has none and agent isn’t like trying to place them? These are things that will kill if hosting a domain where inbound and outbound bandwidth is metered/capped/charged for per some incremental unit.