After ordering the more recent Raspberry Pi 2 and battling the QT5 demon, I can say the domain-server and assignment-client work surprisingly well on the simple $35 computer. Compiling time wasn’t even that long and using Ubuntu Trusty, I was able to just use most of OmegaHeron’s build process to get the job done (QT5 had to be compiled due to the latest from the repository being 5.2.1, just shy of the required 5.3.2. It should be noted I built High Fidelity using QT5.4 release).
While I was updating my blog regarding the process (and struggle) of getting High Fidelity to work, my host and I aren’t agreeing so all I have are my backups. The biggest struggle was getting QT5 to compile, but thankfully the only errors were with extra components that weren’t needed. I’ll have some instructions on how to properly get it working , but I have noticed one odd problem: for some odd reason, after an agent connects, the entity-server, audio-mixer, and avatar-mixer like to become queued assignments until the server is restarted. I have also noticed that I get an error with the latest client about it being out of date, so I will have to grab the update and build again.
I’ll have more to update soon, once I trim the excess steps in the compile process.
EDIT: For those who do NOT want to scroll around, here is the link to my tutorial: