I’m going to give another 45 minute talk about virtual reality and I’ll dedicate the last 15 minutes to High Fidelity on March 17th.
Look for “Ready Player Two” here: http://tryit.fi.upm.es/activities/
I can focus the talk on these ideas:
- Apache-licensed Open Source and why the license is very important (https://github.com/highfidelity/hifi).
- Distributed architecture. This is necessary to have infinite worlds and infinite avatars. Links to Apache-licensed (http://blog.highfidelity.com/blog/2014/04/high-fidelity-system-architecture).
- Naturality of avatars in hands, body and mouth to achieve a more natural communication inworld (“Using the Leap”, ‘Emily singing “Beautiful”’ and “Facial capture” videos).
- Interaction with the virtual environment with your own hands (“Drawing on the Whiteboard Together” video).
- High learning curve and why this is not a problem because developing in Internet has also a high learning curve and everybody uses it (advanced menus in the interface).
Any other idea?