Seconds-long pauses with disk thrashing in Interface

Every 2-3 seconds interface is experiencing 1-2-second-long pauses with disk-thrashing.
No code changes since It was last working a few days ago.
The startup after which the issue occurred did throw out my bookmarks and start fresh with the controls-hint window.

Clean (make clean) compile did not help.

Obviously, this makes things unusable for me for now :frowning:

Current RELEASE build from GIT as of this post.

Starting Interface from a Terminal I am getting reams of…

libusb couldn't open USB device /dev/bus/usb/002/005: Permission denied.
libusb requires write access to USB device nodes.
libusb couldn't open USB device /dev/bus/usb/002/011: Permission denied.
libusb couldn't open USB device /dev/bus/usb/002/003: Permission denied.
libusb couldn't open USB device /dev/bus/usb/002/009: Permission denied.
[12/29 09:26:06] [DEBUG] [hifi.interface.deadlock] DEADLOCK WATCHDOG WARNING: lastHeartbeatAge: 7804518 elapsedMovingAverage: 588 PREVIOUS maxElapsed: 6804334 NEW maxElapsed: 7804518 ** NEW MAX ELAPSED ** maxElapsedAverage: 588 samples: 738
libusb couldn't open USB device /dev/bus/usb/002/006: Permission denied.

Yes I get this too on RELEASE-5850. Can’t say which build it started in, but it wasn’t as big of a problem on 5817 (I believe it was).

As for the libusb spam - yes it happens to at least me and one of the Linux devs too. No idea what the cause is, but hopefully someone has one.

The DEADLOCK warning, I’ve been told, is just a warning that the main thread is being locked up and will terminate itself after some time.

Thanks. Sounds like something I can just wait-out rather than rifling through my system for days looking for a local cause.

Do you know of a build version which does not have this problem? I really just want to get in and mess around but with the constant freezing I simply can’t manage to do anything in there.

I tried the stable branch which includes up to RELEASE-5817, but it has the issue as well, just like 5854.

Edit: It’s not as bad on 5817 it seems, but freezes happen. Let me report back after more testing.

Edit2: After testing 5817 and 5854 for a few minutes each, the same kind of freezing appears to happen. I might try an older build (57XX), because I seem to remember using one earlier and I did manage to at least do some messing around between the crashes.

Edit3: So I can confirm that 5782 does not have this issue.

Thanks, that is good to know!

Latest git-pull appears to have fixed this issue. Thanx, Devs.:grinning:

Ahh I can’t wait to try it out after I wake up! I’m also working on packaging it up as an appimage. I may need some assistance though so I’ll try and make a post about it tomorrow sometime.