I’d like to share some of the Spec Cam’s new features with you:
- You can now take a Snapshot from the point of view of your Spectator Camera using your right hand controller’s thumbstick/thumbpad, or from within the app itself
- This means super easy selfies
- There’s also now a toggleable flash on the front of the camera - perfect for taking selfies in dark areas!
- You can now take a 360 Snapshot from the point of view of your Spectator Camera
- Here’s an example of a 360 Snapshot that I took using the new Spectator Camera: https://kuula.co/post/7lBGw
- If you’re feeling extra creative, these 360 Snapshots can be used as skyboxes or portals.
- You can now change the Field of View of the Spectator Camera
- This means you can zoom the Spectator Cam’s view in and out.
- The Spectator Camera app has been completely overhauled with a beautiful new UI
- The Spec Cam app can now be used in Desktop Mode
- This means that you can take Still Snapshots and 360 Snapshots from within Desktop mode.
- The Spectator Camera app is now a Certified App
- This means that you can now get it from the Marketplace and have it show up in My Purchases.
Here’s what the new app looks like:
Of course, you can still use Spectator Camera v2.2 alongside tools like OBS Studio to record and stream video from within High Fidelity. The old app will be removed from the Marketplace shortly.
I’m so excited to see what kinds of new content you all create using the new version of Spectator Camera!