Submitting Bugs

Alphas,

Please report all bugs through the “Add Job” button at https://worklist.net

We are no longer using GitHub issues for bugs, feature requests, etc. We’d like it all to happen via Worklist.

In your bug reports, make sure to list:

1. Operating system and Build number -
  2. Steps to reproduce the problem
  3. OS & hardware details - ideally, send us a system information report, you can generate that using msinfo32 on Windows or System Information on Mac.

Why are we doing this?
If it’s on the Worklist, you can easily make a bid to fix the bug yourself, or just get compensated for reporting it, it also keeps all issues in one place (rather than both GitHub and Worklist)

This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is either unpinned by a moderator, or the Clear Pin button is pressed.

Isn’t this kinda the same thread as this thread?

Yep! That was for GH issues though.

Some more guidance by way of @Blueman​​Steele:

If you’ve never submitted a bug report,there’s a template I like to use that can really help with the phrasing and ultimately help the issue be understood and fixed.

Here’s how I do, other templates welcome.

Subject line: Write the subject line that describes the issue briefly

Body of email

Write a 1 to 3 sentence description of the issue.

Environment

Say what build you are using, and a little about your computer and operating system.

To Repro

Step 1
Step 2 etc until bug happens
Observed Results

Write down what you see (not what you think you should see or want to see, but what you actually currently see) in this area

Expected Results

Ok NOW write what you thought you should have seen smile

Here’s an abbreviated example:

Title: Stoping then restarting script crashes interface on PC

Description: When I load Interface and run a script, trying to stop and run that script again crashes Interface.

To Repro

1. Load up interface
  2. Run a script
  3. Click “stop all scripts”
  4. Try to load the same script again

Observed Results

When the script is loaded for the second time, Interface crashes

For some reason i start getting a bit confused what to put on the forum and what into worklist.
As example, i think its better to use the delete key instead of the backspace for removeing entitiy’s. placed that on the worklist. But maby it where better in the forum ?

Still think that suggestion belongs on worklist. Offcorse it sounds a bit like a question.

When in doubt, just put it on Worklist :wink:

Am I understanding this correctly: if there is something one thinks could be worked on, one should post it directly to the worklist on the Add Job page?

Anyone can do this, for anything they think might be useful? Is that right?

Thanks.

Hi @G it’s great to have a standard template, any way to automate into a form with categories to start sorting them and make it easy for the user to report? Just a thought.

So is worklist even trolled for bug reports anymore or is it all on the internal system we get vague whiffs of if one looks at GIT code commit comments?

Worklist is trolled for bugs, I also go through the forums. The key to help with bug fixing is a set of steps that I can give to engineers to reproduce the bug.