Take a seat. Help us with sitting in High Fidelity!

Some of you may have noticed some sit script changes in Rust or Zaru recently. (If you haven’t, go check it out and leave your feedback here!) [These changes aren’t rolled out to the marketplace yet.]
sittingVR

I’m here to ask for not only your feedback on the recent changes, but also for some proposed changes we’re working on.

So, for a related question: How often do you use emote?

I’ve been toying with a prototype where you can emote to sit (reminiscent of my WoW days). I’m hoping to make the emote functionality accessible in a different way, rather than from an application on the tablet.

sit1

I’d love to hear your thoughts!

First things first it’s nice to see the refresh
But a lot of people have had problems clicking on things when they’re moving the camera around so some kind of version of right hand click needs to exist on desktop

most people understand that they have to grab chair to sit on it would be a better solution in vr

I would suggest that also you allow people to turn off the Overlays for the chairs as it gets a little bit irritating seen them pop up all the time looks messy for desktop and vr

Able to be setting down on anything would be perfect as well why not you can sit down on anything a lot of people want to do that without the scripts

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you further expand on this:

But a lot of people have had problems clicking on things when they’re moving the camera around so some kind of version of right hand click needs to exist on desktop

I’m confused by this explanation - as you know, right now you move the camera with the right click, and click with the left click so I’m not seeing the issue. I’m missing something?

people use in Inspect scripts to move around their camera and sometimes they click on the chairs by mistake it is rather annoying in that case granted this is not a default method but a lot of people want to do it

I have always used Alt left click to move the camera, so like M.L I’ve misclicked on chairs occasionally.

I also have problems with the “click to sit” text. I had to make a scale factor for the text and the stand up distance when I used sit scripts for tiny avatar chairs. Another thing that would be useful is a position and rotation sit offset that could be edited in UserData or at least in the script itself.

And sometimes either the person making the build doesn’t want anyone to see the text or the individual using the sit, or what ever action is being advertised, doesn’t want to see the text.

They are two different things. The builder of the scene should have the option of disabling the text for everyone and also, the individual seeing it should have the choice to turn it off if the owner sets it on (but not on if the owner has it set to off) for herself or himself only.

Another annoying thing is clicking on a chair while already seated. I would rather be forced to stand up first before sitting on a different chair than find myself sitting somewhere else because of a bad click.

One last thing is, relying on writing to UserData to save script state data comes with the problem that if you Lock the object, the script stops working.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.