Test topic forum post

Test.

Hey!

Could someone go call up Coca-cola and tell them I’ve integrated a slightly crappier version of their Ferris wheel into an alpha platform that a handful of folks use? They might; ya know, wanna sue me or something.

Just a thought.

Thanks.

I represent the Ferris Bueller estate. To coincide with the 30th anniversary of the movie i am issuing a cease and desists notice on all use of the word Ferris
anyone anyone

(clicks a particular topic…)

Sorry, we couldn’t load that topic, possibly due to a connection
problem. Please try again. If the problem persists, let us know.

(Goes back a page, clicks that particular topic again…)

(Goes back, tries it again…)

(Tries it again, getting exasperated…)

(Lets loose a string of space-opera cusswords…)

Is anyone else but me having consistent failure-to-load-topic with the “Cease and Desist NOW” topic?  I’ve not been able to get it to load ONCE today, and have only gotten that failed-to-load-topic error intermittently with the other topics.  More often than not, the others load.  That one NEVER loads.  oO

I have had this problem today with different topics.

Just got a call from Zuckerberg, he wants to sue you for the use of the word Face, he says by simply adding a letter to the end of his word doesnt change it enough, and in fact that he owns the word face, and the word book, not just the word facebook.

It almost seems like that topic has been removed, maybe Hifi received a cease and desist order and they’re not even allowed to print the word Oculus anymore, in fact we arent allowed to speak this word from now on because it is sacred, and only has 3 different meanings in the dictionary, and that is not as powerful as the almighty Zuc.

If the topic was removed, then why is it still showing in the main listing of recent topics?

In any event… thing is, the demand he not use the name CaptainOculus is directly equivalent to if Apple came along and demanded that some user no longer call himself MacFanatic, or do any other activity under the name MacFanatic, under the ludicrous rationale that its infringing on their trademark and that people will somehow think MacFanatic is affiliated with Apple, when it clearly isn’t.

It’s a really stupid and harmful request for Zuckerburg’s lawyers to make, it bites the hand that feeds them, and if they do things similar to this to others later, who might happen to be a bit more prominent in the blogosphere, it could do OR some real PR damage, because all it would really do is generate ill will towards them, with no real benefit for them coming from the illusiory “protecting their brand name” direction, because someone using a nick like ILikeOculus or OculusFan or LovelyOculus is NOT going to bring brand confusion to Oculus Rift, and therefore quashing it doesn’t help them. I shake my head at the shear stupidity of the demand.

I would love to see the day when a frivelous takedown request could result in a $10,000 fine to the one making the demand, and that the one making it be made to pay all the legal fees of the one they sent the wrongful takedown request to.

Update folks…

@b and team needed to consolidate a few accounts belonging to ‘me’. What was interesting is this somehow F.U.B.A.R. any post that I previously ‘replied’ on or ‘authored’ It is fixed now and the transfer complete.

I 301’d the old domain and if I was working on an asset for you it is now in an identical directory within my new domain name.

I’ll see you around the Metaverse.

jabs you in the part of the eye that we dare not speak its name -.-

I just wonder, why does it scare fb so much when someone uses oculus in his nickname ?

In the world I live in sending in lawyers would be the last thing to do when someone does something I do not like.

I suspect fb payed to much for the rift and start to play some panic football.