The HTC Vive is about to get a price hike in the UK up to £70 on August 1st

HTC is raising the price of its VR headset in the UK thanks to Brexit. The company will increase the HTC Vive’s price by £70 on August 1st, raising the price from £689 to £759. HTC is the third major tech company to raise prices in the UK due to the currency devaluation caused by Brexit, following up OnePlus and Dell, who hiked prices earlier this month.

The price increase doesn’t apply to any other HTC products as of yet. But if you live in the UK and are interested in picking up an HTC Vive, you should probably get on that before Monday arrives.

So I would recommend with you don’ thave the extra £70 go and buy it now you can order it from regular stores Online

http://blog.htcvive.com/us/2016/07/uk-customer-announcement/

A message to our UK customers:
HTC continuously monitors and adjusts pricing to ensure we are providing our customers with the best value possible. Due to recent currency valuation changes and the current value of the GBP we are adjusting the price of the HTC Vive in the UK to £759 + P&P. The adjustment will come into effect on Monday 1st August.
We are committed to providing the best possible VR experience with Vive and would like to thank our UK customers and partners for their continued support.

Easy to blame to brexit. But i think the HTC Vive where very cheap before compared to the netherlands. The price is closer to other countries now.

So, not sure if this really brexit problem. Or that the just sold it to cheap before.
Anyway, if people want it the betetr order one today ? and hopefull you get it for the old price.

I think you’re probably right there using it as an excuse as we haven’t even left the EU yet

I recommend waiting until end of this year. If people have waited this long, it is worth waiting a bit longer because by then the second iteration of the Vive and perhaps Oculus will have taken place. There are also intriguing other entrants like the Dlodlo HMD.

As I pointed out elsewhere, right now the best thing to do with VR headsets really seems to be to wait a bit unless cost is no issue. Chinese entrants into the scene seem to be coming closer and closer to the Vive/Occulus specifications at far lower cost.
I’ve created this frankenstein looking VR headset which uses an Onda 10 inch tablet (2048*1536 resolution)for display and a blue tooth mouse for head tracking and I get near 60 fps …this is going to have to satisfy that particular itch for me until prices reach my ability to pay.