The latest beta release rollout is ready, but there are significant issues with GitHub. We are waiting for those to be resolved before we roll out the update. Stay tuned here!
In the meantime, here’s what you can expect in v0.74.0, which now includes a more complete and clearer list of features, improvements, and a list of fixes.
Discoverable Tablet: The tablet is now more discoverable in headset mode. When you gaze at your open palm, a mini tablet will appear. To enlarge and access your tablet, squeeze the trigger finger on the hand where the mini tablet displays, or use the trigger finger on the opposite hand to select the “expand” button on the mini tablet.
System Tray Notifications: Notifications are now available. Even if High Fidelity is not open, you will be notified in real-time when your friends are online, when you receive HFC, when a popular event is taking place and more.
See other users teleporting: When other users teleport, you will see them move from one spot to another, rather than disappear and reappear in the new location.
Marketplace Item Tester: We now provide an all-in-one tool to help you to test and troubleshoot your content more efficiently. The Marketplace Item Tester is available from the Developer menu in Interface. Please note that if your item tests successfully, it simply indicates the content is functionally complete and ready for import into the Marketplace. The Marketplace team will still need to manually check other factors, such as mesh closure or ensuring content is not copyright protected, before approving it for sale on the Marketplace.
Create an account from the Android App: You can now create a High Fidelity account directly from the Android app.
Acoustic Echo Cancellation for Android: You can now enable acoustic echo cancellation (AEC) on Android debug builds for improved voice quality.
Interstitial page is displayed while transitioning between domains: This will show the loading process and name of the domain you are entering.
- Optimizations to the audio mixer and the avatar mixer were made to improve the performance for large-scale crowds in a single domain.
- Your wallet now activates automatically when visiting the Marketplace.
- If you have insufficient HFC in your wallet when you try to purchase an item from the Marketplace, a message will appear to prompt you to go to The Bank of High Fidelity to get more HFC.
- The time to complete a handshake has been reduced to 10 ms.
- Optimized Entity List view, improving performance while managing large numbers of entities.
- Improved teleport landing pad display. You will now see footprint icons vs. the word “teleport.”
- If play area boundaries are set up for Oculus, Vive, or Windows Mixed Reality systems, it will now display in headset mode when you teleport. This can be turned off in your settings.
- When entering a domain using High Fidelity audio code, you will no longer crash.
- If an incorrect password/username is used or a user switches to another app while on the login page, the “loading content” message will no longer appear indefinitely.
- Note 9 users can now toggle between “Top View” and “My View.”
- When calibrating Vive trackers, avatar hands and feet now display properly.
- Avatars no longer load below or in the middle of the floor. No subsequent related action by users needed as a result of this fix.
User Interface (UI)
- The error message displays properly when an incorrect username or password is entered or if a window is resized.
- Invalid items can no longer be purchased from the Marketplace.
- Soft avatar entities now scale correctly.
- Angular velocity is no longer reset incorrectly to zero when an object resizes.
Please note: There is no protocol change, which means you do not need to download the latest version in order to visit domains running v0.74.0.