Hello, it’s me again.
I would like to ask about virtual keyboard and web browser in VR this time.
Here is what I would like to do.
- Open a web browser.
- Click on the web browser, and pop up a virtual keyboard.
- Use the Vive controller to tap on the keyboard to input the URL
- Press the virtual Enter key to reflash the web browser.
- Press the button on the controller and copy the URL
- Paste the url into the world as text entity.
For 1 I could just use the built-in web browser
For 2 and 3 I am thinking of following the piano tutorial which I first build a 3D keyboard model, import it, set box trigger on each key, and set up that when the controller overlay the key, it will send out specific character.
But I would like to now if someone had already created a keyboard script.
For 4 and 5, I would like to ask how to access the Source URL property in Web entity, I could not find where the web entity is, but I am planning to write a function that could get and set the Source URL property. Any recommendation for this?
For 6, It might not be difficult after I figure out how to do 1 to 5…Simply pass the Source URL I get from Source URL property and pass it to Text entity as property.
Thanks a lot for the help.