VR News + Discussion

well it’s official and more news to come by using it for their in-house now to

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Is there anyone here who wasn’t waiting for this

1 Like

VIVE Pro price drop. Happening now. Save $200 on either HMD or Starter Kit through 9/3 or while supplies last. US/CA residents only.

also the Valve index is available in Europe 4 or 8 days to arrive

Update you can get it anywhere in the 30 countries

1 Like

have you ever wondered where these avatars come from for
https://www.highfidelity.com/remote-teams for new high fidelity is project

well let me fill you in

http://www.wolf3d.io/ Instantly you are a digital character of your own identity

4 Likes

Well, the poly count isn’t exactly the best (averaging 40k) but beats the older 2 defaults by a million miles. Hopefully they worked closely with the original creator to get more optimized models, especially if the Quest still intends to remain on the intended platforms.

hum…apple only?

expect it that will come for the future but I will send an email anyway asking
Just to let you know guys they have changed their website around without the pictures
with you don’t see them

1 Like

@philip
1 Like

ugh optical hand tracking, looks great waggling ur hands infront of ur face
but to anyone who tried the leap motion
its garbage cos ur hands just are out of view to much,

Hmmm, i see a big fail. It looks like it only works if you look st your zRL hands. Now the case with VR is that your hands and objects are most of the time not in front of your head.

This not going to work.

really it is not to give you full abilities it’s an extra this comes with the valve index and Vive Pro / Vive Focus To and to give you AR experience and they not the only ones who are doing it here is a reminder
this is still getting developed properly so give them some time for calibration these are just demos

1 Like

Recorded On 27 - 29 June, Barcelona Gamelab in Barcelona

Recorded on 29 Aug 2019 PowerfulJRE
1 Like

Good to hear Phillip fess up to the issues facing widespread adoption of the metaverse and discussing realistic timescales. One thing is clear - whatever the naysayers might say - Phillip is not going to let go of his bone

1 Like