Wallet does not remember phassphrase

Now this makes the wallet pretty useless and frustrating to use.
Wanted to check something, so open wallet. It did ask again for the passphrase ! I did enter that yesterday already. and i double checked it. It’s asking it again over and over with ever new start of the high fidelity client.

The wallet need to remember the passphrase.
Not asking evcery time for it, so you need to grab the USB stick/. put it in system. Open document. Copy and past the passphrase.

That’s going to scare users away, Or at least make them crazy.

Let high fidelity remember the passphrase after i did enter between high fidelity sessions. Not as after ever start again for it. I call this a big bug. It’s way to frustrating.

Upvotes this
Yes I understand the risks im prepared to take the chance

Maybe I understood it wrong, but for me the passphrase is a very short one. Isn’t it the key, we should store on a seperate drive and take care of it? The passphrase for me is similar to a pin, but maybe I am wrong.

its a short ish one that i seem to spend my life typing in which is tricky in vr

yeah, you are right, it’s a bit annoying doubly security feature, esp when in VR.

They should give the option put turning it on will give the final warning on it and the vulnerability it leaves the private key in, because the wallet is the private key, while the passhrase is the key to open the private one for use. No transactions are reversable after all.

Optionally there should be a wallet for use, and wallet for storage, where are the use wallet can be used and has a remember me passphrase, while the storage is something like of a bank wallet.

Or Alternatively, allow us to use stuff like the Ledger Nano as the passphrase and open it up for use

Mainly without Copy Cut Paste on the virtual keyboard.

Hmm, just do it how web browser etc. is doing it.
Put the passphrase in. but the user still need to click a confirm/accept button before s transaction is completed.

My passphrase would not work in VR very good to. Not tried it.

The problem is the wallet is separate from your account and instead is apart of the blockchain where the transactions are made. You can’t forexample buy anything on the market through the web browser. If you set a remember me to your password, that password must be stored somewhere. If the passphrase is stored somewhere, its a known quantity and suddenly they have access to your entire wallet if they have the passphrase and the private key. It is also why if you lose your passphrase or the private key you will lose your wallet completely, there is absolutely no way to recover it.

The HFC Blockchain is completely separate from Hifi. While still “centralized” to a couple of nodes, eventually it won’t be.

Or the need to add a remember. Or the need to give option to change passphrase.Because mine is so complex that i never remember that.

Also i did not expected that high fidelity is always forget this.
Not really happy. The not really warned you for that when you make the wallet.

“Warning, keep passphrase simple and easy to guess. Or your doomed. Because you need to reenter it ever time you start high fidelity.”

We need a better solution for that then stuck with above solutions.
At least some easy way to move it from a save place into the passphrase field.

So, now we need a wallet for the wallet ?

The problem is, the started to talk about a passphrase.
For me that’s just a key you use once to generate the combination.
Not something you need to enter every time over and over.
If i did know that i would possible go against my rule sand choice a more weak password ! (why did the call it passphrase and not password)

And then at the end i never did expect that you need to renter it over and over. If something is bad for security then it’s asking every time for password. That make people lazy and the use weak passwords.

Something need to be improved. That’s only thing i know for now.

I feel like there should be an option to allow a PIN for logging in to your wallet on a recognized connection (e.g. - “I recognize this IP address from this user - allow them to use PIN instead of password”)