Web entities and user interaction

A couple of questions on Web entities…

1. Do people use Web entities very much?
  2. Do people use mouse/keyboard to interact with Web entities very much?

[quote=“ctrlaltdavid, post:1, topic:11937, full:true”]
A couple of questions on Web entities…1) Do people use Web entities very much?[/quote]
Yes, well I used to. Odd bugs here and there. There is a nasty problem in non HMD mode where if you are very close to a WEB entity such that it fills the interface window, when you click on that WEB entity, the keyboard is capture and you can’t get away.

Yes, but note bug above.

Thanks @Balpien.Hammerer

I hope to use them for all manner of 2D UI interaction, ideally doing a lot of my normal everyday compute from in-world, in the very-long-term.

[quote=“ctrlaltdavid, post:1, topic:11937, full:true”]2) Do people use mouse/keyboard to interact with Web entities very much?
[/quote]

I just ordered an X-box controller along with a compatible keypad (hopefully the latter will act as a standard keyboard when plugged into a PC, but it was only seven bucks anyway!) with the intention of using it for lower-speed text entry when I don’t want to break from the controller to use a real keyboard.

I would like to use them more but they are sort of broken right now.

I have two or more ways that I would like to use them. One is a simple web entity that anyone can use. Click, type, scroll etc. The user clicking sees the result.

The second is more controlled by the owner and might be defined by the entity script. For example:
A tutorial page, a video, etc. These might have limited controls and might have timed resets or URL limits.

Not sure about how much is very much, but I started to use them, and visitors of the domain also use them - so I would answer both questions with yes.

Thanks very much, all.

I think wen entities are very usefull. i see lots of options to use it. But yes not really used it right now.