Welcome To Oculus

BOOM!

Nice.
HTC or DHL messed up shippin and its going through economy routes even though I paid for Express. Seems like next week then

so exciting. This is such an exciting moment for VR history.

Hi Fran,

We know you’re anxious to receive your Oculus Rift and apologize for not updating your order status sooner. We’ve been working through an unexpected component shortage, and unfortunately, that issue has impacted the original shipping estimates for some early customers.

We’re working hard to get up-to-date ship windows, and you should expect to see your order status updated on oculus.com by Tuesday, April 12. Although many Rifts will be arriving on schedule and in line with original estimates, we’ll be covering shipping and handling costs for all orders placed through today.

We’re shipping rifts everyday. Don’t hesitate to reach out to the Oculus support team if you have additional questions.

The Oculus Team

It’s OK. I am still busy obsessing over the computer I will get/have built.

Yikes. Seems like oculus just dropped the ball. 1-3 months delay even longer. That doesnt bode well

Hardware parts shortages and now in trouble with congress having created the world’s worst and nastiest terms of service. The IP part is bad enough, but top it with a no-compete, perpetual gag order, now that’s Facebook creative. It’s a g-d viewing device, not a partner level service.

Hmmmm… I haven’t followed OR stuff that closely of late. What sort of trouble with Congress? Did OR’s company push some of their policies so far that some of our Congresscritters are talking about making laws to force them to back off a bit? oO

He is refering to the terms of service of the oculus services. Which state that if you have problems you want to settle with oculus, you waive all rights to do so through class action. Instead you have to go through arbitration, keep mum on the issues, and settle out of court. But then again, everyone with delays havent even been charged yet, so it shouldnt be an issue to get off it:

However, It is amplifiedwhen the oculus storefront does not give refunds to products bought through it, unlike Valves 2h gametime and 14day return policy. Also those poor devs who signed a time exclusives will also be hit hard.

So people who bought games without having the headset are having issues uncommiting.

I’m wondering how long its going to be before those sorts of waive-all-rights clauses that only allow you to use their arbitration over a dispute wind up being declared illegal. oO Somewhere along the line one of these companies is going to push this too far, or some part of society is going to get shafted enough that it blows up in everyone’s face.

woohoo I got a shipping date
Estimated Ship Date6/20/2016 - 6/30/2016

at least I ordered day 1 right
still on the bright side its not raining
oh actually it is
the future begins late June lol
wonders if they can narrow it down to morning or afternoon
the real dilemma is this
its costing £500 but on ebay they are trading at anything upto £1500
dk2 works great, i should sell the bloody thing and spend the difference on cake
and buy one when they are just available at wallmart

Wow, sell yours, get a Vive, pocket the difference.

Just got my Oculus shipping letter. Freaking 6/27-7/7. Really?

As I said the dk2 is fine. When your interested in any kind of technology there is always a feeling of urgency or importance to getting the newest or best or this version or that. This is what is known as Hype.Once you have said device there is a moment of happiness followed by the dispersal of all those chemicals before your left with another dusty piece of tek gathering dust and fingerprints.
I have become aware that the most satisfaction and feel good comes from the expectation about how good it will be once I have the thing ,more than the pleasure I get from actually possessing the thing.
I’m kind of a proxy audiophile. I love reading about technology and the new better best thing ever . Currently I want this amplifier
http://dandagostino.com/
However it costs more than my house ,like the cv1 and vive have never tried it. And in-truth have my doubts that a amplifier of this price can actually make the shit I listen to sound that much better.

Back to the point I’m sure the vive and the rift are nice but deep down i know at some point it will be just added to that box of wires and cables and crap that fill the murkier corners of my house that i cant quite throw away cos they cost so much but I’m 2 lazy to sell.

Isnt any technology a box thingy with wires? Obsolote the moment its out

There will always be people out to make a dollar. I sold my DK2 back in January and it essentially funded my CV1. To have preordered in January and be without it until late June (@Judas) that’s pretty unacceptable in my opinion.

I was able to crash Luckey’s Tale on the title screen 3 times in a row using external headphones. I posted about it on the Oculus Forums so they could patch it. (I think they did) While I’m still pretty pumped about Virtual Reality in general, the first hardware launches have left a bitter taste in my mouth. All I can do is look forward to trying the Vive at the hackathon and making a judgement call.

I said many moons ago that HTC with the 3 month delay just got burried. User base has tanked… oh how the tides have turned.

Having used the DK1 and the DK2 for years, my main driver for purchase was ergonomics and weight. Look at how HUGE the Vive is compared to a CV1:

So far EVERYONE that has seen the CV1 is impressed by it’s quality. I also remember saying it was made of Kevlar. In certain areas it definitely feels like it; but I have no way to prove it. :smiley:

I’ve been answering emails and questions from the Elite : Dangerous community about the CV1. Use the following responses as a means of determining your expected value in the device:
• CV1 has far greater general specifications than a DK2
• Objectively a DK2 has a readability of 4 to 5 on a 10 point scale where CV1 I rate at 8. A score of ten would be 20/20 sustained readability at distance.
• The absolute most important part of the entire VR setup is the computer you choose to push the hardware. VR is expensive, but if you can put the money into the machine, a DK2 can perform pretty damn well. It’s just super heavy on your face.

I hope that helps you make a decision. It’s pretty shitty what has happened to you has happened to many loyal fans. :frowning:

I wonder what Gen2 will be like…

Oh Palmer was showing the cv2 prototype over on twitch last night it’s much thinner more like thick sunglasses.it’s wireless and doesn’t need a cam thing to track it and see how easy it is to make you doubt ur brand new toy lol

[ CITATION NEEDED ]

:stuck_out_tongue:
I’m not buying into that until I can see it…

Fact i just made it up, who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes