When is mesh getting a physics shape?

When is mesh getting a physics shape ?
So we can finaly stay on something that’s made in blender.

Its is already partially supported: See Compound shape.

As an example of use, you can check out my lil-teleporter in earth that uses this. You can even debug this via Developer -> Physics -> Draw collision hulls (just remember to turn this off)

As a side note, it currently only supports single hull that is convex.

Non-convex / Multi-hull are not yet possible, but hopefully are implemented at somepoint. (atleast Multi-hull, so that you can use multiple convex hulls to make a shape that one can “walk through”)

Currently it occasionally bugs and you have to play with the registration of the model it self to succesfully to get everything to work

Weird Collision problem and or issue

Thanks. i look at the compound shape url. but did not spot the box above that. i set my road to box and now i can stay on it.

Interesting… I was just trying the Sintel.fbx mesh avatar in Unity 5 and apparently due to PhysX limitations…

Non-convex MeshCollider with non-kinematic Rigidbody is no longer supported in Unity 5. If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the Rigidbody kinematic or remove the Rigidbody component.Scene hierarchy path.

Does anyone have a modified Sintel avatar with tese properties… and is this a restriction we might se ein future on the types of avatar rigged meshes that the Hifi Interface might support?

I found a Sintel avatar in a suitable form for use in Unity 5 (and possibly Hifi use?) at

http://u3d.at.ua/load/modeli/ljudi_personazhi/sintel_character_for_unity/14-1-0-2929

The site needs a registration to get the free download.