I figured there weren’t enough implementations of nametags for HiFi, so I’ve created another one. Or more specifically, I’ve cleaned up an old script I’ve been using since last summer so that the code isn’t quite as terrible and am releasing it. I originally created it as I wanted more choice and flexibility to how nametags looked and functioned, and I wanted something that looked more game like.
This one works a bit differently to many of the other versions, as it uses a remote service to create graphical nametags instead of using text entities. It includes the following features:
- Is styled to look vaguely similar to the health bars from Sword Art Online (SAO)
- Shows if a user is a domain admin for the current domain (optional)
- Shows if you are connected to the user (optional)
- Shows the username of the user, but only if you have access to see it (optional)
- Shows the profile picture of the user, but only if you have access to see it (optional)
I intend to implement more visual styles over time, and have a selector in the options to support this, but currently it only includes the SAO (esque) one.
To install you can do either of the following:
- Add https://hifi-utils.jollysoft.com/HiFiApps/MaddersNameTags/MaddersNameTags.js to your running scripts.
- If running Fox Essentials, select “Madders Nametags” from Apps
Once installed there should be a NameTags button on your tablet/toolbar. Clicking this will open the settings dialog so that you can customise to your liking. You can also activate/deactivate the nametags using the view menu from the desktop application, or pressing the configured shortcut key on your keyboard.
If you have any problems / feedback / suggestions, either post them here or contact me through discord.